Free Proofreading for English errors!

I am a (former, unfortunately!) UK teacher with LOTS of time to read, but not a lot of money, so I decided to offer free proof reading in exchange for free reading material! I have met a marvellous group of friends that way, and so now I sometimes review and promote their books here, too! email me and I will get in touch privately. Or check out my Reviews

Thursday 20 June 2013

Free Proofreading for Erotica / Fantasy / Romance

Hi, writers and readers, all!

I just had a great idea ... I am a (former, unfortunately!) UK math(s) teacher who loves to read, but is currently long-term ill and unable to work.  This leaves me with LOTS of time to read, but not a lot of money!

Math(s) teachers are sticklers for accuracy in language (far worse than English teachers!).  We catch the errors not spotted by word program(me)s, or by writers proofreading (who tend to see what they thought they wrote, not what is actually on the screen)!  As a result, I often find myself mentally rewriting a lot of the romance, erotica and fantasy I buy on Amazon, as I read it (I will provide regular anonymous examples as I read, for those who are interested, with the reasons for the corrections, eg 'taut' skin instead of 'taught' skin - a common culprit - look up both in a dictionary and you will see what I mean!)

Sooo ... I thought up a great way to get lots of reading material and provide a useful service in return ...

Writers:

How about ... you send me your novel before it is published (I get free reading) and I return it with any errors I spot, marked with alternative ways to say it (you get free anonymous language editing).


Readers:

How about ... you email your fave authors a link to this blog and I proofread their work for them.  (You get to read their next work a bit quicker 'cos they didn't have to take the time to proofread for English errors as well as story errors; also, maybe they can go over to voice recognition if that works for them!)


Any takers?

email me and I will get in touch privately.

4 comments:

  1. what is your email address?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Abby. margaret@mgse.co.uk is my email address.

      Keep meaning to add a 'contact' page to this blog, but other things keep sidetracking me!

      Delete
  2. Hello are you still proofreading. I am really looking for someone to proofread a couple of manuscripts I have written. My email address is: yyanna.michaels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello are you still proofreading. I am really looking for someone to proofread a couple of manuscripts I have written. My email address is: yyanna.michaels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Teaching is a stressful business, with people scrutinising your every word and action. This is my chance to unwind / rant anonymously without recriminations!